Flash Video Lag

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Jonathan20022, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Jonathan20022 macrumors newbie

So I recently got my BTO 27" iMac. i7 (3.4ghz), 680MX, 8 Gigs of RAM.

Any kind of Flash being played fullscreen runs extremely badly, I have narrowed it down to software and Flash Player. So I don't want people suggesting that it's my internet when my Macbook Air/Macbook Pro/Self Built PC don't have these issues.

I also installed Windows 8 through Bootcamp on this iMac and flash runs perfectly on the Windows OS.

This is extremely annoying since now Safari has become unusable for me, and the only Browser capable of somewhat stable playback is Chrome after uninstalling the flash used in everything else. Chrome's native Flash Plugin runs decently, but on a machine this powerful I wouldn't expect anything less than flawless performance and taking advantage of the 27" screen to watch my TV Shows and Films.

2. Jonathan20022 thread starter macrumors newbie

500+ Views and no one chimes in? Surely I'm not the only person with this problem.

3. raginspo macrumors newbie

Nothing found yet

I've got the same problem on my two macs. Plenty of ram... plenty of cpu not being used... anything flash just lags. I've tried all the remedies I could find...I've even downloaded the beta flash 11.7. No help. The only "solution" I've seen is where people have downgraded to an earlier version. That would be fine, but not a good idea security wise. I've given up.

4. Nyy8 macrumors 6502a

Nyy8

5. PavelT macrumors member

you know what youtube does lag on full screen, the audio works fine but the picture laggs a bunch, like a slow motion lag...:confused: im on osx 10.8.3 i7 imac 27' 680mx, 8gb config as well.

6. bmcgrath macrumors 65816

bmcgrath

7. RoastingPig macrumors 68000

RoastingPig