Flash video really sucks lately!

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by gentlefury, Apr 3, 2012.

1. gentlefury macrumors 68030

So it's not a connection or a cpu problem. I have a 2011 MBA, a 2010 Mac Mini and a 2008 Mac Pro.....all are up to date on everything (OS, Flash Version, etc) and ALL of them can't play full screen HD flash video to save their lives!!! It is REALLY annoying me! Amazon video used to work just fine in XBMC but they recently switched to a horrible flash DRM which forces you to watch your legally purchased media, in their crappy flash player!!

Does anyone know a way to fix this horrible annoying problem? Or are we just doomed to flash hell forever???

2. DenniZ macrumors 6502a

Probably not the computers fault, make sure everything is up to date, flash player is at version 11 at the minute i think. Try clicktoflash, as a safari extension, it loads MP4 versions which are less cpu intensive compared to flash for youtube and Facebook videos.

3. tmanto02 macrumors 65816

tmanto02

Yeah i’ve noticed this too as of late! I will definitely try this safari plug-in.

But i’ve found that any site that is flash based hogs my CPU! My MBP battery life halves when browsing flash sites. Now I understand the war between Apple and Adobe.

4. gmikesell macrumors regular

I had this problem until I fixed it this last weekend

Turned out I had been automatically opted-in for YouTube's html5 project. I opted out and it cleared my issues up for me instantly- http://www.youtube.com/html5

5. gentlefury thread starter macrumors 68030

Yes, flash has been complete crap on my Mac Pro, Mac Mini and Macbook Air...all are completely up to date on everything. Flash is just garbage!