Flash videos crashing on me every day? why...?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by brendu, May 20, 2010.

1. brendu macrumors 68020

So Ive been using macs for years, Ive also been watching flash videos on my macs for years, and up until about 4 months ago they very rarely crashed on me. It seems that recently something has changed, I dont know if its flash, or safari, or something else but my flash videos (especially in hulu) crash very often. In fact it seems that more often than not they crash now. Im not really upset about it because Hulu does not crash and I just switched my youtube settings to stream everything with HTML5 which seems to work...

But im wondering why this is happening, and why now? It (flash) worked so well for years, and on older machines like my old eMac... And now when apple is so visibly anti-flash my mbp is experiencing these crashes all the time... keep in mind my windows 7 machine is not having these same videos crashing... so whats the deal? Is apple messing with stuff in their latest builds of safari and or Snow Leopard to make flash less stable so users choose to break away from it? Or is this just a random bizarre problem that only I am experiencing? What are you guys seeing?

2. -Ryan- macrumors 68000

Did you possibly install an early Flash 10.1 beta and forget you installed it? Those early betas were extremely unstable. :eek:

3. brendu thread starter macrumors 68020

hmm.. I do not recall doing so, but I will check because that would make sense.