Flash

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Sniv, Aug 24, 2011.

1. Sniv macrumors member

Sniv

Hello

I just got my new MBA and I'm a bit confused about flash.

Should I just install adobes flash player without hesitating or is there any other way to get around it and still see videos and play games on the internet?

Sorry is this seems a stupid question...

2. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

In the Menu bar, click Safari>Safari Extensions...

Download the Safari Extension called ClickToFlash.

It will block Flash elements until you activate them or choose to load them all on a certain page. So you can be playing your Flash games in one tab, and dodging ads in another.

It works so well, it even gives you the option of viewing videos in different formats.

If a website offers, ClickToFlash will load HTML5 or Quicktime Video with priority over Flash. It has made everything so incredibly painless.

Everything is configurable and can be selected on-the-fly.

Just do it. Just...just do it...

3. Sniv thread starter macrumors member

Sniv

Thanks very much for your help :)

4. Young Spade macrumors 68020

Install it.

If you don't want to, you could use Chrome as it has built in flash and won't require the machine to have it.

Then just get an extension (or an extension for any browser) that blocks flash and enable "click to flash" or something.

5. FloatingBones macrumors 65816

FloatingBones

If all you want to do is view videos, there's no reason to install Flash. The YouTube5 plugin ( http://www.verticalforest.com/youtube5-extension/ ) will allow you to view YouTube videos in Safari without Flash.

If you do install Flash, make sure you install click-to-flash plugins in all of your browsers.

6. Sniv thread starter macrumors member

Sniv

Thanks for your comment.
    Ok I think I will try out Google's Chrome then...I've been using Firefox before (and IE before that) but I've heard that Chrome should be good..and with the built in flash, I might give it a try.

----------

Thanks very much! Then I will not install flash...:)