Flashback issues?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by elaniemay, Sep 19, 2015.

1. elaniemay macrumors 6502

elaniemay

I haven't had an iPhone since the 4S, but I remember having to be extremely critical of cases because of the flashback issues with that phone. Is that still a problem with the 6+? Should I make sure whatever cases I purchase for my 6s+ either have large enough camera cutouts or are lined in black?

2. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

I spend a lot of time around these forums and I haven't seen a complaint about that for as long as I can remember.

I wouldn't worry about it.

3. Sir Ruben macrumors 65816

Sir Ruben

To be honest most cases don't suffer from this these days.

4. elaniemay thread starter macrumors 6502

elaniemay

Thank you! I'm very happy to hear that. It was pretty bothersome back in the days of the 4S.

5. nikhsub1 macrumors 68000

nikhsub1

This. I think it was only the 4 when they added the flash - case makers got caught off guard but fixed designs pretty quick. Has not been in issue for several years now.

6. AdamantAuk macrumors newbie

AdamantAuk

I've looked at a ton of case reviews for the 6 in the past few weeks, and the only one where I've even seen one mention of it was a review for a colored Magpul case. Besides that, haven't seen anyone complain.

7. GrumpyMom macrumors 601

GrumpyMom

I do still see complaints in Amazon reviews. What's strange is that only one reviewer out of hundreds might mention it on various cases. So I don't know if the case manufacturers have gotten better or the low light capabilities are now so good that people don't use flash often enough. Or don't realize that what looks like improper exposure is actually the problem you're talking about and not a problem with the case.

I have seen the occasional remark that some cases that are strongly colored cause pictures to come out tinted as well.

I've been using black cases for so long I personally haven't run into any problems in years.

8. elaniemay thread starter macrumors 6502

elaniemay

I really dislike black cases, but I still think I will try to veer toward cases with the black ring around the camera. I take a ton of photos with my phone, so quality of picture is very important to me. Thank you for your response!

9. GrumpyMom macrumors 601

GrumpyMom

Honestly I was not a fan of black cases, either. I bought them because I was having so many problems with flashback on colored cases. I had the problem with my 5s and so when the 6Plus came around, I did not even bother trying anything other than black. This time I'm trying two Spigen clear cases. One that's on something of a discount on Amazon for $17.95 or so, and the other I got for $3 from a special deal Spigen was running via Slick Deals. Unfortunately it's expired now. I prefer wallet cases so these cases will probably just be temporary until the manufactuerer I'm interested in updates their stock to officially be compatible with the S series.