Flashed VideoCards

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Verdenshersker, Dec 27, 2014.

1. Verdenshersker macrumors member

Hey,

I have look through the forum, now that I have decided I want a flashed video card.
    Which cards can be flashed? And is there anyone that is easier to flash than others?

I have a GTX 570 1.25 GB in my Mac Pro at the moment, but would love to get one where I get a boot screen.

Is that HD5770 and HD5870 and HD6870?

Or what is out there?

2. hwojtek macrumors 6502a

hwojtek

Can you please put your questions into relevant topics instead of creating (yet) another one?

Start with this one (do not think it is outdated - you will need this knowledge if you don't want to end up buying a card flashed by someone else) and then follow up on Nvidia cards in here.

3. Verdenshersker thread starter macrumors member

I did find that one, but seriously? Its from the HD4000 series? Don't we have anything newer than that?

I could read through 11 old pages, but we are not allowed to have 2 similar topics?

4. hwojtek macrumors 6502a

hwojtek

There are TENS of topics regarding reflashing. Really, do your homework first (and I told you - it's not outdated, it gives a precise outline of what problems occur when flashing. From incompatible ROMs that should be compatible but aren't, to power supply problems, to 6 or 8-pin cables, to PCIE 2.0 riser taping, to resistor desoldering for 16-lane PCIE you name it. And guys involved into the science of reflashing do not appreciate Mr Comfortables who come and ask for a crash course.
    Also, if you really want to stay on the bleeding edge of the development in this area, you should rather stick to http://forum.netkas.org/index.php - just do not ask for to be briefed, it's rude if you do not show some commitment.