Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

npaisnel

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 23, 2013
OK, yes I have ..and am currently searching other places.
Found a thread here comparing 4870 to a 5770..but no info on flashing hat I have yet found.

I have a 2008 Mac pro 8 Core Xeon 3.0Ghz, with a pair of ATI 2600's and want to upgrade..but at moment..not worked for 6 moths due broken arm..so no cash.

But I do have these two cards sitting here:
GT8800...blue PCB not compatible :(
HD 4870..pic attached..is this compatible

have seen one thread about flashing these same named but different looking cards..but doing it on the Mac.

Since I the Mac is a home machine..and the GF uses it I don't want to risk doing anything wrong on the mac..and screwing it up..the current cards anyway..so

Anyone got any advice / links for doing this flash on a PC?

i did read about flashing GT8800's on PC via dos, I have plenty of spare pc's around

Thanks guys

Attachments

• IMG_1945.JPG
    IMG_1945.JPG
    136.5 KB · Views: 607

gpzjock

macrumors 6502a
May 4, 2009
Take a wander over to Netkas.org, they helped me flash a Sapphire Vapor-x HD 4870 exactly like the one you pictured.

npaisnel

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 23, 2013
Will have a look and see if I can find a forum there again. I had been looking there before and thought it was just a single page blog, with an archive down the RHS

npaisnel

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 23, 2013
Yes, thanks. Spotted it now. Almost deliberately designed to be hard to find,

Dsold

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2016
Ukraine
Friends, tell me, where you can take a poppy firmware for the Radeon HD 4870 512Mb.
Thanks for the help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.