Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cancelled
Original poster
Jul 6, 2015
Hi all,

so I reinstalled Tiger on my PowerMac G5. When I finished installing the OS, I restarted the computer, and when I turned it back on I got a Flashing Globe icon.

Could someone tell me what to do now? I only have a bluetooth keyboard, so I have no luck with booting into a cd or another hard drive.

Thanks, Alex.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
My best guess would be it's looking to Net boot but can't find a server to continue.

Odd.

jbarley

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2006
Vancouver Island
Could someone tell me what to do now?
Sure, head out to the nearest "Thrift, Sally Ann, Recycle" type store and pick up a cheap used USB keyboard.
Mac style would be nice but it doesn't have to be, any keyboard will get the job done.
If you plan on continuing to be involved with these older PPC computers you are going to need one for trouble-shooting purposes as you've already found out.

Reactions: 3349793

Cancelled
Original poster
Jul 6, 2015
Sure, head out to the nearest "Thrift, Sally Ann, Recycle" type store and pick up a cheap used USB keyboard.
Mac style would be nice but it doesn't have to be, any keyboard will get the job done.
If you plan on continuing to be involved with these older PPC computers you are going to need one for trouble-shooting purposes as you've already found out.

Ahh. :) Thank you!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.