Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

phildachil

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 23, 2014
Just this morning, I opened up my MBP and there were green flashing pixels all over the screen. 20 minutes before that, the flashing pixels weren't there. It's not dead pixels, because it shows up on screenshots. It's a 2011 Model, 15' and the graphics card is an Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB.
Here is a picture of what it looks like.

uhPBEdm.png

I've tried updating software, re-booting but nothing is working. Any help?

FishPie

macrumors newbie
Apr 1, 2014
Flashing green pixels

I had the same problem, could not get them to go away after upgrading to Mavericks.

I tried PRAM resets, erased hard drive with multiple installs and reboots.

The problem began after an upgrade to Mavericks on iMac 27" problem got worse with reboots and reinstalls.

I did another reboot with mavericks, but chose NOT to use my APPLE i.d to fill in/ restore information - upon finishing install ----> no flashing pixels.

Dunno why, but it worked????

tubeexperience

macrumors 68040
Feb 17, 2016
Awesome, Just got a brand new logic board put in, free of charge! I'll defiantly hold on to it now for a while longer, it's getting heavier after picking up the new ones.

It's a refurbished logic board. Apple just re-soldered the GPU.

gkofficial

macrumors newbie
Feb 21, 2016
It's a refurbished logic board. Apple just re-soldered the GPU.

Yeah right, that makes sense, I wish they could tell me that when I picked it up. The only thing that's ever bugged me about Apple is their company policy seems to suggest it's 'OK' to be dishonest to customers, I would hate to think it's an American thing, I can't talk being Australian though, we are a convict settlement.

Samuelsan2001

macrumors 604
Oct 24, 2013
Yeah right, that makes sense, I wish they could tell me that when I picked it up. The only thing that's ever bugged me about Apple is their company policy seems to suggest it's 'OK' to be dishonest to customers, I would hate to think it's an American thing, I can't talk being Australian though, we are a convict settlement.

The information that they may use refurbished parts is freely available on their terms and conditions of repair on their website they aren't hiding anything.

More importantly the replacement logic boards often fail much more quickly than the original so don't expect too much.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.