Flashing Mac Pro

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by scottydawg, Apr 16, 2008.

1. scottydawg macrumors 6502

scottydawg

This morning my girlfriend booted up the MP and it froze when she tried to log on. A short time after freezing she was able to bring up the Dashboard but then the computer display went wild flashing like a stobe light. Ever heard of this?

2. vansouza macrumors 68000

vansouza

Certainly does not sound like a good thing; I hope someone called Apple support to check it out. What about a reboot; I would leave it off for a few then power up and be on the phone to Apple. Good luck, hope it was a one time thing.

3. scottydawg thread starter macrumors 6502

scottydawg

I didn't call Apple, it rebooted fine so I am just going to keep an eye on it. My girlfriend did take video, thinking about putting it on YouTube to share with every one.

4. LOZER macrumors member

Yeah keep a close eye on that one. I would like to see that video sounds entertaining as long as it doesn't break after i type this.

5. scottydawg thread starter macrumors 6502

scottydawg

6. LOZER macrumors member

Wow, thats quite interesting I'd like to know what was causing that? My first though would be video card problem, but hopefully it stays like it is now with no more problems. Thanks for posting the video.

7. scottydawg thread starter macrumors 6502

scottydawg

So far no further issues. Overall the machine runs great since the firmware update. Prior to that I had the mouse freeze up a few times and had to find the keyboard commands to shut down. This is my first Mac, funny but I had a overclocked gaming computer (Compaq X09) before and it never had an issue in 3 years.