Flashing Screen

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by iMacBook, Nov 26, 2007.

1. iMacBook macrumors 6502a

iMacBook

Sometimes when I hit the keyboard and hit a specific letter, the screen breiefly flashes.

The only way I can show you an example is if I make a video. I'll do that as a last resort.

But, for me, when I press the letter d more than once when Adium is in focus, the screen will do the flashing thing.

Is this supposed to happen? I don't recall it ever doing that a while back. I'm on Tiger 10.4.11.

2. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

It's a setting in System Preferences to flash the screen instead of or in addition to the audio "ding", for people who are deaf or keep the volume muted.

3. iMacBook thread starter macrumors 6502a

iMacBook

4. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Can't get on a Mac till I get off work :( I don't remember where it is off the top of my head, but try looking in the Universal Access options. Or type "flash" in the search box.

5. iMacBook thread starter macrumors 6502a

iMacBook

I still don't know why it keeps doing it. In Universal Access under the Hearing Tab, I have the box unchecked so it doesn't flash but it keeps doing it all the time.

It is getting REALLY annoying. Please help! :(

6. iMacBook thread starter macrumors 6502a

iMacBook

7. Data macrumors 6502

Hi there i think i have the same problem, with the flashing screen that is, i'm on a powermac G5 2,7 ,the screen sometimes flshes in a bleu color, this only happens while running leopard , im looking for a solution to .