Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

M3G4

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 4, 2007
Kent, UK
Hi all,

Been having some issues with my iMac where when the screensaver launches, it instantly goes back to the desktop and then launches again, making it look almost as if it's flashing on and off. I used to get this with my old iMac as well. Has anyone else had this problem and is there a fix for it?

snowmoon

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2005
Albany, NY
All the time or some of the time? After a reboot?

Every screen saver or only some? which ones?

Any other interesting software or tweaks?

Have you cleared your screen saver prefs?

AppleNewton

macrumors 68000
Apr 3, 2007
1 Finite Place
try the basics...unplug all devices but mouse & keyboard, restart, reset pram (COMMAND OPTION P R at start up)

attempt to let it goto screensaver again...if it doesnt do it anymore, add the extra peripherals one at a time and test...could be some sort of communication issue between a device and the system.
noticed an ipod or iphone connected?

i had this issue when i used remote screen sharing/remote login from within Leopard....i dont take it your connected remotely or someone is connected to you?

M3G4

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 4, 2007
Kent, UK
I would try this, but unfortunately it occurs completely at random! I can't test it as it won't happen until it wants to! :(

jpfreestyler

macrumors newbie
Apr 18, 2009
same issue

I have just had this issue, I have just switched to the bluetooth mouse from wired, maybe its dropping connection. Any more ideas ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.