Flashing WRT54G router

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by maestro55, Mar 3, 2008.

1. maestro55 macrumors 68030

maestro55

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

I have a Lynksis WRT54g router that Iam trying to configure for my new apartments wireless Internet. The only problem is this wasn't mine new and there is a password. I have the physical router so I would just like to flash it and set it up for my home network. Does anyone know how to do this that can give steps or a website with steps? Thanks very much. iPhone surfing is way too slow.

2. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

there is a reset button on the back of the router. Hold it down for like 5-10 sec.
    This will reset the router to default. The wireless name will be "Lynksis" and it will be an open network. The ipaddress to connect to the router is 192.168.1.1. It will bring up a user name and password.

Leave the username blank. Password is "admin"

From there it is pretty straight forward.

For 3rd part software for the router I recomend googling for it. It been a while since I have messed with one of my lynksis routers with 3rd party software but I will say flashing it is pretty straight forward and very easy to do once you get into the router settings.

3. maestro55 thread starter macrumors 68030

maestro55

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

thanks. I guess I wasn't holding the reset button down long enough because I pressed it but didn't hold it down. That would explain why nothing happened. I will try it when I get back to the apartment. Thanks.