Flashing XFX ZDEC

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by FlashZDEC, May 11, 2010.

1. FlashZDEC macrumors newbie

I have searched high and low and have not found anyone yet that has successfully flashed a XFX ZDEC model. I put the hardware in my Mac Pro (Early 2008) and all has gone well. I just need to flash the ROM tonight, however I wanted to see if anyone out there has successfully done this yet.

Anyone?:)

Would be great if someone out there has. I am feeling pretty confident about it and have backed up my current ROM, I will post my results after I have tried it out.

Thanks a lot

2. FlashZDEC thread starter macrumors newbie

Reply to my own post

Strange, I have been working on this all along thinking this was a ZDEC because that is what it was posted as when I bought it. I bought it used. I was looking at the card in GPU-Z and noticed the clock was defaulted to 850MHZ. I grabbed the box and it is apparently a ZDFC 1.2, which is probably really good news since I will probably have more success with this!

May have to pick a new screen name :eek:

3. MacVidCards Suspended

4. FlashZDEC thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry this is a 4890. I noticed you had another post around somewhere Rominator, about you trying to get a 4890 ZDEC to work. Did you ever get it to work?

I flashed my ROM this evening and everything seems to be going well on this ZDFC 1.2. I have dual screens working in Win 7 Bootcamp and OS X.