flashing xfx487a-zdfc rev E.0

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by renoguy20, Mar 19, 2010.

1. renoguy20 macrumors newbie

I need some help with creating a mac rom for the xfx487a-zdfc rev E.0

My computer is the mac pro 1,1 dual 2.66 dual core.

I extracted the original rom and tried XYZ method but the python script wouldn't complete. An error about opcode or something to that effect.

I tried a premade zdfc rom and the card partially functions on the macintosh side. I get the power error warning and the computer can not be put to sleep.
    On the windows side a have serious video corruption and the screen can not be read. Can someone please help?

The original rom is linked.

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. renoguy20 thread starter macrumors newbie

flash xfx487azdfc ver e.0 Success

I have flashed the card. Everything if now functional with both windows and osx. I still get the power connected warning. My issue when creating the hybrid rom using XYZ was the edit mode in 0Xed was set to insert and not to overwrite so I was adding extra data instead of changing data.

3. dbculp macrumors member

dbculp

XFX 4890 ZDFC and 10.6.3

Does your card work in 10.6.3? If so, could you post your ROM? My card worked in 10.6.2 but is terrible in 10.6.3,thanks.

4. Cindori macrumors 68040

Cindori

OS versions have 0 to do with roms. Please read threads. Thanks.

5. dbculp macrumors member

dbculp

10.6.3 corrupted video

I have spent a lot of time researching in this forum, and I very much appreciate all the development work people contribute. My problem remains: video from the 4890 is corrupted, it works fine in 10.6.2. Other than the system update the only other change was QE_CI driver patch (the newest one available as of this afternoon). So, if OS has nothing to do with ROMs, maybe the driver patch isn't quite right? I'm starting to see similar reports in the 4890 thread.

6. dbculp macrumors member

dbculp

Never mind....

The newest driver patch fixed the problem.