Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
I'd love a tweak to bring back the ability to turn the flashlight off by tapping the camera grabber like in ios 7.

Just a tweak idea for someone, or if anyone know a way to get it back I'd be grateful. Used to never use the flashlight, then I got used to it, then they removed this and it's just annoying when I'm used to tapping the grabber to have to open CC to turn it off. And raising the camera grabber most of the way up isn't any better.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Is Activator working on iOS 8?

I've avoided all the other methods since iOS 6 and just used Activator to assign the Flashlight to a short hold on my Power Button (on and off).

Don't think Activator can affect the camera grabber though, but IDK.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
Is Activator working on iOS 8?

I've avoided all the other methods since iOS 6 and just used Activator to assign the Flashlight to a short hold on my Power Button (on and off).

Don't think Activator can affect the camera grabber though, but IDK.

I'm sure there's acway to use activator to turn the flashlight on/off, I was hoping for something more "built in" to iOS. Thanks for the idea

TitsLegendary

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2013
I'd really like to see this functionality come back as well. So convenient and I'm not sure why Apple ditched it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.