Flashplayer is acting very strange...

Discussion in 'macOS' started by lovehaight, May 13, 2010.

1. lovehaight macrumors member

Its working, however where ever it is, for example a media player such as archive.org, there is a large f which must be pressed, then the usual button appears..I have uninstalled and reinstalled but it remains..any ideas? thanks

2. zeemeerman2 macrumors 6502

Try looking if Flashblock (Flashblocker?) is installed. It's an addon for Safari and FireFox that blocks all Flash content behind such a box you describe.

Click on the box to load the Flash content. This addon is ideal if you have problems with your Mac system getting much warmer than usual while playing Flash content. (Say, as if you were trying to render a 3d-file, but no, you're just watching YouTube in a Flash player).

3. lovehaight thread starter macrumors member

thats exactly the problem, thanks..i was advised to use because of a recurring pop under problem because I watch a lot of streaming tv..the problem is still happening, now a lot of the pop unders are now empty, which is still a pain, but better...whoever invented those damn things should be tortured before being shot, seriously....thanks much