iPhone Flat Instagram Icon

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Bawstun, Feb 15, 2015.

1. Bawstun macrumors 65816

Bawstun

Any way to get one without installing Winterboard or any other theming agents? Maybe a tweak in Cydia that I don't know about?

I jailbroke for something else entirely, but I find myself wanting to put Instagram on my first page of apps more and more. Except I have OCD and because they, for some unknown reason, updated their app interface with flat design, have still not updated their icon to reflect iOS 8. It is irritating.

2. agustinmsosa macrumors newbie

agustinmsosa

I have never jailbreak my iphone, but I would like to do it only to change the instagram icon. I HATE IT

3. Bawstun thread starter macrumors 65816

Bawstun

Me too, and I love photography, so I follow many local area photographers. It is one of my most-used apps, and I have to constantly switch pages to get to it because I HATE THE ICON so much that I can't put it on the first page because it literally would be the only icon that refuses to look like iOS 8.

I don't understand it, because it is owned by Facebook, who made *their* icon flat. Why won't they update Instagram? It literally doesn't make sense. It annoys the crap out of me.

4. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

You could just replace the app icon file with one of your choice

5. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

^^^This. Use iFile or similar to replace the icon in the app folder. That said, you'll have to do it again every time the app updates, whereas with Winterboard, you don't have to.

6. Bawstun thread starter macrumors 65816

Bawstun

7. Bawstun thread starter macrumors 65816

Bawstun

Ok, I found and downloaded an iconset for Instagram iOS "7" that someone else made, and it looks like the stock except flat.

I have Googled every string I can think of, and short of signing up and registering a new account an iOS theming forum, does anyone know how to locate the correct folder in iOS 8 to replace icons?