Flat old back vs the new bulky one (1:0?)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by verticalled, Jul 9, 2008.

1. verticalled macrumors newbie

hi guys,

from what i reckon from the latest photos, there is little or any really flat surface on the back of the new gen iphone.
    so the first thing that came to my mind was the issue of unlocking (sliding) or any gesture being delivered while the phone is laid on a flat surface (eg. a damn table) - aint the sucka gonna start rotating along with your finger?
    there a lotsa times when i lay the thing next to my macbook, and while typing, there comes a time when i need to unlock/process some incoming data with one hand only, and the goddamn old iphone (being this light as it is) sometimes gets moved. not a lot, but hey, how is it gonna do now?!?

im sure lotsa you guys must have asked the same question. so should you unpack one in coming days, check this tink out. thanks.

2. thor79 macrumors 6502

thor79

I think I will actually love the curved back more. While using my dad's original iPhone (he got it in May) for a bit I noticed it was a little difficult to hold it...it was making my hand sore to hold it, so I'm hoping the curved back alleviates that by giving me something to hold onto. I think it was something with how my fingers were bent and how I was gripping it.

From what I've heard the new version is much easier on the hand to hold.

3. verticalled thread starter macrumors newbie

4. koshper macrumors member

i'd be intrigued to know the answer of this as well.

5. tallyho macrumors 6502a

tallyho

Oh yeah? :p Never heard it called "processing some incoming data" before...;)

6. The Phazer macrumors 68030

I agree with the original post. I don't like the curvature at all.

Phazer

7. Hey Jude macrumors 6502a

Hey Jude

So far, I don't like what I have seen of the new phone. I have already decided not to upgrade, but over the weekend will swing by an AT&T store to pick up a car charger, so I will take a look at the 3G phone while I am there.

Jude