Flat or Rounded edges?

Would you prefer flat or rounded edges on the 2017 iPhone lineup?

• Flat

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • Rounded

Votes: 6 40.0%

• Total voters

Ralfi

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 22, 2016
Australia
I've had iPhone's 3GS, 5 & 6S.

Out of those, I preferred the 'grip' of the 5's flat edges.

Listening to a few previews of the 2017 lineup, people are expressing similar views.

Maybe the larger (wider) size of the 6S contributes to the less comfortable grip moreso than the rounded edges, maybe not.

Perhaps a case manufacturer could accomodate me by making a flat-edged case to wrap around the iPhone 8? :D

What would you prefer?

TheRealAlex

macrumors 68020
Sep 2, 2015

Listening to a few previews of the 2017 lineup, people are expressing similar views.

Maybe the larger (wider) size of the 6S contributes to the less comfortable grip moreso than the rounded edges, maybe not.

Perhaps a case manufacturer could accomodate me by making a flat-edged case to wrap around the iPhone 8? :D

What would you prefer?

Flat even Owning an S8+ even though it's 6.2" big it feels smaller than my 5.7" Note 5 due to the Rounded Edges and Harder to protect feels also harder to hold.

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016

What would you prefer?
After owning the iPhone SE and other iPhone models over the years, I prefer the rounded edges. I found the SE to be more sharp in the hand with the flat edges versus the rounded edges with the iPhone 7, which I find more contoured and comfortable.

pika2000

Suspended
Jun 22, 2007
Flat.

Rounded edges are nicer to hold and aesthetically more pleasing as the sides seems to melt away, but in reality, it's hard to enjoy it with a case. So might as well go flat.

Vanilla35

macrumors 68040
Apr 11, 2013
Washington D.C.
I prefer flat aesthetically, but rounded for feel.

This is a reoccurring topic because rounded is better feeling in the hand, however apple increased the size of their phones (which makes them less comfortable to use) at the same time as introducing the rounded sides.

The true test will be the SE refresh, which will be redesigned with rounded edges, but still in a small form factor. As I mentioned, it will indeed feel better. Aesthetics will remain subjective, of course.

Reactions: GrumpyMom
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.