Flat or Rounded edges?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ralfi, Aug 4, 2017.

?

Would you prefer flat or rounded edges on the 2017 iPhone lineup?

1. Flat

9 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. Rounded

6 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. Ralfi macrumors 65816

Ralfi

I've had iPhone's 3GS, 5 & 6S.

Out of those, I preferred the 'grip' of the 5's flat edges.

Listening to a few previews of the 2017 lineup, people are expressing similar views.

Maybe the larger (wider) size of the 6S contributes to the less comfortable grip moreso than the rounded edges, maybe not.

Perhaps a case manufacturer could accomodate me by making a flat-edged case to wrap around the iPhone 8? :D

What would you prefer?

2. SSAJ macrumors 6502

3. TheRealAlex macrumors 65816

Flat even Owning an S8+ even though it's 6.2" big it feels smaller than my 5.7" Note 5 due to the Rounded Edges and Harder to protect feels also harder to hold.

4. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

After owning the iPhone SE and other iPhone models over the years, I prefer the rounded edges. I found the SE to be more sharp in the hand with the flat edges versus the rounded edges with the iPhone 7, which I find more contoured and comfortable.

5. pika2000 macrumors 68030

Flat.

Rounded edges are nicer to hold and aesthetically more pleasing as the sides seems to melt away, but in reality, it's hard to enjoy it with a case. So might as well go flat.

6. Vanilla35 macrumors 68030

Vanilla35

I prefer flat aesthetically, but rounded for feel.

This is a reoccurring topic because rounded is better feeling in the hand, however apple increased the size of their phones (which makes them less comfortable to use) at the same time as introducing the rounded sides.

The true test will be the SE refresh, which will be redesigned with rounded edges, but still in a small form factor. As I mentioned, it will indeed feel better. Aesthetics will remain subjective, of course.