Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thejedipunk

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 12, 2005
California
Does anyone know of any monitors that are 17"+ that have a max resolution of 1024x768 and are rather affordable? I have a 14" iBook but I would like something I could use when playing games or just have more screen real-estate. I'm sure there are some out there, maybe old ones, seeing as my old Dell has a 19" CRT that supports 1024x768 rather nicely. Why couldn't Apple offer more than just two resolution options on my Mac? D:

kolax

macrumors G3
Mar 20, 2007
Using anything but the native resolution on an LCD will give you a rather blurry image, not the sharpest or clearest - so wouldn't recommend anything lower than the native res. on your iBook.

As for cheap 17" monitors, get an LCD one. They are really affordable now - you'd be making a huge step backwards in technology by buying a CRT.

If you live in the UK, check out Dab's.

siurpeeman

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2006
the OC
1024x768 on a 17" monitor won't look so great, and you won't be getting any extra screen real estate, compared to your ibook. everything will just look bigger.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.