Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

robegian

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 13, 2005
Trieste, Italy
Hi all,

recently I played Flatout 2 on my MacBook Pro 2,5GHz (4GB RAM, early 2008, with OS X 10.7.3), and I noticed that some cars look weirdly «exploded», like the system had problems rendering them in 3D.

Any idea on a way to fix this problem (which was not occurring with the previous version of the game — it showed after the last upgrade)?

robegian

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 13, 2005
Trieste, Italy
I attach a couple of screenshots to show what actually happens to the cars appearance:

7659582.png

7659507.png

rossip

macrumors regular
Feb 13, 2011
Hi all,

recently I played Flatout 2 on my MacBook Pro 2,5GHz (4GB RAM, early 2008, with OS X 10.7.3), and I noticed that some cars look weirdly «exploded», like the system had problems rendering them in 3D.

Any idea on a way to fix this problem (which was not occurring with the previous version of the game — it showed after the last upgrade)?

Did you get it from the App Store? Are you running version 1.03? Here's the games support home page:

http://vpltd.com/supportdesk/

robegian

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 13, 2005
Trieste, Italy
Yes, I'm running version 1.03, bought from App Store some time ago (just 8€ — too tempting:) and recently upgraded. The previous version didn't show the problem, by the way.

I've already contacted the support but I've got no answer yet (I sent them a message the day before yesterday). In case they respond, I'll post here what they say.

lordimac

macrumors newbie
Dec 22, 2009
Same Problem here with 10.7.3 and GeForce GT 330M, but I'm using the non-AppStore Version cause I buyed this Game 3 Years ago.

robegian

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 13, 2005
Trieste, Italy
Virtual Programming support desk replied:

"10.7.3 has broken some OpenGL drivers."
"Unfortunately it is a case of awaiting Apple video driver fixes."

Ungibbed

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2010
USA
I had similar issues with a different game (Fable) on 10.7.2 with the Nvidia 320m. The update to the current 10.7.3 has fixed it though. Havent had any other problems with my games on my Mac and I have plenty of them from the Mac app store and on physical media.

What's common I've noticed was that while the level is rendered as it should be, character models had issues with disappearing hair or other shader effects that no mater what I did, there was no fix. On the upper right corner of my screen was the same mesh madness with random triangles and colors that would eventually crash the game.

After the 10.7.3 update, Fable has been running great for me even at the native resolution of my 27" ACD.

chromescreen

macrumors newbie
Sep 7, 2009
10.7.4 - glitch remains

Still having the same glitch even after updating to 10.7.4.

Robegian, how large was your update from 10.7.3 to 10.7.4? Mine was cca 350MB, so maybe I'm missing something. Also, in /System/Library/Extensions there are only 4 "fresh" files. Can you pls check yours and report back?

thanks

robegian

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 13, 2005
Trieste, Italy
Robegian, how large was your update from 10.7.3 to 10.7.4? Mine was cca 350MB, so maybe I'm missing something. Also, in /System/Library/Extensions there are only 4 "fresh" files. Can you pls check yours and report back?

I downloaded and used the «combo»*installer to upgrade to 10.7.4 (to upgrade several Macs).

Which Mac model do you have?

P.S. These are the 4 new kext files of 10.7.4 I found in my System folder.
New1074Kext

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.