Flaw with iCal

Discussion in 'macOS' started by aznguy2772, Oct 31, 2007.

1. aznguy2772 macrumors member

A flaw that I think shouldn't exist is the way that it shows up on the dock. The date that's on the dock when iCal is not open is the date you turned on your computer. So if you don't turn off your computer for a couple of days at a time like I do, you'll find this quite annoying. Apple should have the brains to fix this in an update.

2. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

My computer has been on for 5 days and the iCal date is correct and has been everyday so far.

3. rosh325 macrumors regular

Actually I'm having the same problem. I turned on my computer yesterday, let it sleep overnight while I wasn't using it, and now, it is showing the wrong date. That is to say, today is the 18th, and it says Nov 17th. When I open iCal, it changes to the correct date, but as soon as I close it, it goes back to the wrong date. Basically I'm getting somewhat tiger-like iCal results on a Leopard computer...wtf?

4. wackymacky macrumors 68000

wackymacky

My dock icon diligently changes the date at 0:01 every morning despite my machine not being turned off since leopard was installed. (yes the machine 'sleeps' most nights and date updates OK)