iPad Flex 2 help

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by brguest, Feb 7, 2014.

1. brguest macrumors member

I purchased Flex 2 from the Cydia store because it sounded awesome! I found a few tweaks that I particularly liked and downloaded from the cloud and then activated but none of them seem to work. Did I miss a crucial step?

2. adammacleod macrumors member

All depends on what you're downloading mate. The cloud tweaks are all user submitted and may only work with certain versions of the apps they are intended for

3. powerstrokin macrumors 6502a

powerstrokin

The tweaks you downloaded in Flex 2 might not be compatible with your version of iOS.

The names and descriptions of the tweaks users have uploaded to the cloud are made entirely by the individual doing the tweak, and they may not have specified which version of iOS or the app they were tweaking. It can be a bit of a guessing game if there is more than one version. Try one, if it doesn't work- try another if there is one. If it's not, you can make your own tweaks.

Don't ask me how to do that because I just don't really know. I've tried to make one to remove ads in Pandora Downloader but I don't know where to look in that app's directory while in Flex. It's all code to me, no pun intended.

Maybe post which apps you want tweaked and what version of iOS you're on, surely someone will come along and help you more than I can.

4. brguest thread starter macrumors member

My bad for not being more specific.
    I have an iPad Air running 7.0.4
    What I've tried so far is:
    Icons - No New Dot (Springboard)
    Accessory Not Supported Fix (Springboard)
    Remove Sponsored Posts (Facebook)

5. adammacleod macrumors member

3 tweaks that don't work for a lot of people. Try a few more out and you should find that the app itself works fine and it's just the individual tweaks that don't

6. tateu, Feb 7, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2014

tateu macrumors 6502

Icons - No New Dot is mine. It works on my iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.4, but I don't have any other iOS devices to test it on. I can't remember if it got rid of existing dots, I don't think so (I'll try it out next time I have an update to install), but it keeps new dots from appearing.

Two small things, just to make sure you're doing everything correctly. 1) You must turn the patches on by clicking on them after you download them. 2) For pretty much all SpringBoard patches, you will have to respring or reboot before they take effect.

I should also mention that I went back to Flex 2 v1.926 because I have at least one patch that does not work on v1.928 but does work on v1.926. I don't remember if I tried the new dot patch on v1.928.