General Flex 2 vs Cydia Tweak (battery, functionality, etc.)

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by seanyuan62, Jan 22, 2014.

1. seanyuan62 macrumors newbie

I had a question for y'all. I just started using Flex 2 beta and let me start by saying it is amazing! But then I started having a couple of questions. Is there an advantage to patching, for example, the YouTube app and enabling hq on data through flex vs installing a tweak from cydia that does the same thing? In addition, would there be more battery drain from one other than the other?

I have no idea how they each actually work, but I was thinking maybe patching an application would use less battery vs a cydia tweak that is always running. But then again aren't cydia tweaks just basically patches anyways? It's just strange because flex doesn't require a respring for certain tweaks like pandora skip while a cydia tweak that does the same thing does require a respring.

Questions questions questions haha. If anyone could help satisfy my curiosity/battery usage paranoia, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you.

2. mKTank macrumors 68000

mKTank

Unless the tweak requires Mobile Substrate, I'm pretty sure most Cydia tweaks edit the actual app anyway. So in THAT case it's pretty much the same thing as applying a patch through Flex.

3. seanyuan62 thread starter macrumors newbie

Right. I was thinking more like five icon dock and other things that modify the springboard.

I guess it DOES let you set custom values for the patches while cydia tweaks are sort of set.