Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cardene

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 24, 2006
I recently got my MBP repaired, and now I notice the LCD screen will suddenly flicker for a bit (very slightly).

Is something wrong?

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
The same thing has happened to my MacBook recently, and it's actually getting worse.

...and I'll be taking it to the Genius Bar as soon as I get a chance.

geobigonzo

macrumors newbie
May 7, 2007
My macbook had the flicker problem and it was fixed with new screen inverter no problems in 3 days. Yipeee.

hy, my macbook late 2006 is at the Rome aple store for flicker problem too. They will replace my inverter. My problem is wave similar ripple going on the screen!

Is my third control of macbook

Bye

jet lagged

macrumors newbie
May 19, 2007
Cupertino
Wow. I have a flickering LCD on my MacBook too... it happens most often when the display dims, but also happens at other times. I've had the laptop since October, and the flickering just started in April... less than six months and not used that much either... and this isn't the first problem I've had with it either. Anyway, I took it to the Apple store and repairs are still in progress. They've already had it for 14 days

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
I've had the same problem. They replaced the logic board, and it didn't fix the problem. Now they have given me a new LCD panel. It's so much brighter than before, just like when I first bought this thing. :)

macgeek0

macrumors newbie
Jun 4, 2007
flickering macbook

I recently purchased a macbook off ebay with the common flickering problem.
I don't claim to have the answer to all other owners with this problem but what i did was to go to the system preferences in the energy saver icon and unticked the put hard disk to sleep whenever possible and i havent seen it flicker since.Hope this helps.

Mord

macrumors G4
Aug 24, 2003
UK
mine does that and it's effected by the angle which the screen is at, I need to get it fixed some time.

KeithPratt

macrumors 6502a
Mar 6, 2007
Mine does it too. It seems quite random. It will flicker for about 5-15 seconds (occasionally a bit more) and then, seemingly, be fine again. I think it's only happened when I've woken it from sleep or taken the power chord out or put it in...

It's not ideal, but what it does doesn't bother me in it's occasional occurrence — what bothers me is that I get the feeling one day it's just going to completely conk out. Which does bother me.

SuperSnake2012

macrumors 6502a
Oct 11, 2005
NY
I had a similar problem with my Macbook... it went away when I lowered the brightness. I had to bring it to Applecare (for an unrelated issue) and they replaced an inverter board and now it's fine :D

They did three different repairs on my Macbook in one day :cool: :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.