Flickering on New MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Tycoonguy, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Tycoonguy macrumors regular

I got my new MacBook Pro today but it keeps flickering Its hard to explain but it mostly happens when Im watching a video on hulu.com thats not full screen or when I'm screen sharing it also happens to the movie widget that comes the leopard. Do I have a faulty computer or is it a setting?

EDIT:its a 15 inch glossy screen if that helps

2. duckeye macrumors newbie

Is the whole screen flickering? I have the same new MBP and sometimes when i'm watching a flash-based clip or viewing a flash-based website I get white boxes flickering on video. It also happens when i'm using the iTunes store. I restart the computer and it doesn't do it for a while.

3. leechlife macrumors member

Sim problem here. Every know and then i get flicker of the screen, it just a bit dimming for a second. happen quite often.

4. duckeye macrumors newbie

The interesting thing about it is that it doesn't affect DVD viewing or movies with iTunes. It only seems to happen with YouTube videos and videos on NBC.com, all which I believe are flash-based. It's strange that it stops doing it after a restart. Could there be something about they way flash interacts with the new processor? That doesn't seem to make sense. Happens across browsers too (Safari, Firefox, Camino)