iPhone Flickering screen after freeze on iP4

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ZCherub, Jan 23, 2013.

1. ZCherub macrumors 6502a

Jul 7, 2010
    GA, USA
    Hi all. I was browsing w/ Dolphin when the phone froze. It happens (rarely) so I tapped the lock button (which did nothing), then put it in my pocket. In the past, the issue will sort itself out, & the command to lock will register so the next time I pull the phone out, it's locked.

This time, I pull it out & it's got a gray screen w/ a white bar across the middle. I hard reset, & notice that at the apple logo, the edges of the screen are white (almost like an old-fashioned TV "dream sequence").

When the phone boots up the edges (particularly the bottom) are flickering. Everything else works, just a weird display issue. After a few hours, it went away - all is normal now.

In a quick search, I didn't find anything like this. Sound familiar to anyone, or does anyone have any ideas what it could be?

While it could be hardware, the timing w/ the freeze is awfully coincidental. Also, it's gone away now, so that seems to point away from a hardware issue...

Thanks in advance!
  2. Khoola macrumors newbie

Feb 2, 2013
    My iPhone has just done exactly the same thing this morning, and the bottom of the screen is still flickering / strobing - did you ever get to the bottom of why yours was doing this?