Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

johnmac131313

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 9, 2020
I replaced my iPhone 6 screen yesterday. This, after I replaced it a few weeks ago and broke it AGAIN.

I installed this third party screen and all went fine. Soon after, the screen started flickering. I did a little searching to troubleshoot this and tried doing a hard reset and changing some settings that people recommended. No joy.

I took the screen off, disconnected the battery for a while, maybe 20 minutes, put it all back together again including re-attaching all of the ribbon cables just to be sure there were really plugged in and it came back okay, better, but still with flicker and this time there is a ghost of the lock screen with the time, "12:50 September 11" showing behind the current time, which is 3:57 September 11. The "12:50" ghost persists when unlocking and going through any and all screens during normal use and the flickering is still there.

Any ideas? I don't know what else to do at this point.

johnmac131313

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 9, 2020
I hope so. it went black a day or two later and I am waiting for another replacement. The phone works, the screen shows the faintest light in a dark room. I've done numerous hard resets.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.