Flickering screen when on charge (low brightness only)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mrzippy, Oct 14, 2007.

1. mrzippy macrumors 6502

Just got my 8GB iPod touch yesterday, week 39.

Anyway screen seems good and no dead pixels, yet to test the audio quality.

I noticed that the screen was flickering when connected to my Mac and it was charging (not syncing), only happens on a manual very low brightness setting or Auto Brightness (in a dark room).

When I disconnect the sync cable the screen stops flickering.

Anyone else noticed this?

2. bbbobwilson macrumors newbie

had the same problem, try turning off wifi on the touch. this sorted it for me.

3. mrzippy thread starter macrumors 6502

I am glad someone replied...

Doubt whether many people would be using their iPod in a darkened room whilst on charge, if you don't you will not notice.

I imagine it might be fixable via a software update, some sort of power mamangemnt issue whilst charging.

Auto brightness turned off now, never like this feature on any device, always too dark... My Sony Bravia TV is even too dark with it turned on.

I have noticed slight negative blacks, maybe, when viewing in horizonal (video) mode, but tilt the screen slightly back further than I might normally do and it's perfect. What is odd is in upsidedown view the screen looks fine at my normal viewing angle, but the video does not rotate to screen orientation like when viewing the web or photos - so you cannot use this in video mode, unless you want to watch upsidedown!