"Flicking" my Macbook...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jlbrown23, Sep 20, 2007.

1. jlbrown23 macrumors member

Here's a quick story on how intuitive the Touch interface is and how quickly you get used to it...

After having my Touch for only two days, I was on my MacBook last night and tried to "flick" the touchpad to scroll down a browser screen! I did it a few times before it hit me my Macbook won't do that, only my Touch will. The last time something like that happened to me was when I tried to do a 2 fingered scroll on my work(Wintel) laptop!

Maybe a suggestion to the folks at Apple - add flicking & pinching to the Touchpad on the MacBooks....

2. mrhockey123 macrumors regular

pinching? yeah. flicking? don't think it would work. What happens when you try moving your mouse to the top of the page and your whole page moves ie if you're trying to do an edit in a word doc and you want to move 5 lines up, but then your whole screen shifts.

Having said that, I have tried the 2 finger scroll several times on PC laptops. It resulted in a lot of swearing. When I first got my MBP I was worried about the one mous button, but now when I get on a laptop with 2, I swear at the thing because it won't do what I tell it lol.

3. ellsworth macrumors 6502a

This reminds me of using my key-alarm fob to open my car doors and accidentally doing the same for my house door... oh oh and the crazy typing in your much used passwords into the microwave to heat up food.. ha ha good one.
    -Ellz