flickr and iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by snapper07, Jan 27, 2008.

1. snapper07 macrumors 6502

is there an easier way to get photos on to flickr than having to email them?
    like setting up a web gallery thing?

2. overanalyzer macrumors 6502a

Do you mean directly from the iPhone? Because adding to web galleries from the iPhone is done via e-mail as well. If you mean from your computer, you could use the iPhoto to Flickr exporter.

3. snapper07 thread starter macrumors 6502

i meant web galleries just looking to make it a bit quicker to upload pics

4. overanalyzer macrumors 6502a

I'm sorry, I still don't understand what alternative you're suggesting and if you mean directly on your iPhone or using pictures from your iPhone but uploading from your computer.

5. bigandy macrumors G3

bigandy

6. snapper07 thread starter macrumors 6502

ok if i take a pic on my iphone and go to the forward option i can send to web gallery which is set to my .mac account, can i change that so it goes to my flickr page?
    at the moment to get images onto flicker i have to send via email then put in email address and send.
    not a big deal was just wondering if i was missing a trick?

been trying the email from photo album to flickr but it does not work tried it out on my laptop and it worked fine any one else had this problem?

7. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

Jailbreaking your phone gives you the advantage of having a special app that does this...but i'm sure once the SDK comes out this will be available for everyone.

8. overanalyzer macrumors 6502a

Yeah, the "Send to Web Gallery" really just creates an e-mail with the address pre-populated to get it to your web gallery, and there's no way (without jailbreaking) to alter that button to do something different. I think you're stuck adding the flickr e-mail address to your address book and continuing to send it as an e-mail, jailbreaking your iPhone and use the hacked app mentioned in other posts, or wait until the SDK comes out in the next month and someone releases an official app for this (which I'm guessing won't be a long time, given the likely popularity of it).