Flickr iOS app, problems with colours on photos

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by hafr, May 23, 2013.

1. hafr macrumors 68030

I uploaded a few pictures of my kids on Flickr to show how it works for a friend. When I went into the iOS app to look at the pictures, and one of the pictures looked horrible, like my daughter was really sick. I went to the site on the computer, but there it looked like it was supposed to. I figured it might have been a problem with the iPhone screen so I looked at it in the regular photo app and via Dropbox - it looked like it should. The best way I can describe is that the skin's red tones look more pale yellow...

It's only in the Flickr app that the colours are odd, and it's only really visible on one photo...

Is this something that anyone else noticed with the app, or is it a known problem?

2. acearchie macrumors 68040

acearchie

Have you checked your colour space when you are exporting your photos for Flickr?

3. hafr thread starter macrumors 68030

No, I just hit the share button in iPhotos, chose a set and opted for original size. But the picture looked the same in iPhoto as on the web interface on the computer, so it was only on the phone...

I deleted the picture from Flickr and uploaded the same picture both from iPhoto and by exporting it and uploading via the web interface. Now the picture looks okay in the app. I guess there must have been something that went wrong in the creation of the mobile sized image that messed it up.

Although I see the picture I uploaded via iPhoto is slightly different than the exact same picture uploaded via the web interface. It's barely visible unless looking at specific parts of the picture and flipping back and forth. Nothing that makes the picture look bad tough, but it's odd that the export/import changes the colours since I figured uploading to Flickr via iPhoto would export the original image as is, when it hasn't been edited...