Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jonnysods

macrumors G3
Original poster
Sep 20, 2006
There & Back Again
Hey all, I know that there are a lot of Flickr apps out there, but I need some help as I've been searching for a while now and have been coming up empty.

Are there are apps that let you create a set, and then get the embed slideshow code so I can place it into a blog page? I need to know this before I take this iPad overseas. If it won't do it (i've tried using flickr.com too and it won't let me grab the html) then I'll have to get a netbook.

Thanks everyone.

h00ligan

macrumors 68040
Apr 10, 2003
London
Would you mind posting back...I'm trying to decide if that app is worth it.

Cheers.

Ps..close should have been urls :confused:

h00ligan

macrumors 68040
Apr 10, 2003
London
The issue with flickr right now is also their freaking lightbox. People link to it and not only can't I see anything, there's no escape latch to get back to a plain HTML. Wll semi plain.

I'm evaluating as folio and smug mug right now, integration with iPad may win it. Though I'm not sure they have anything specific, or just for iPhone.

jonnysods

macrumors G3
Original poster
Sep 20, 2006
There & Back Again
Flickr is so nice, that's my problem right now. I'm so hooked into the site that it would be hard to switch. Just want to see that embed code so I can get some solid use out of iPad!

Or I'll have to get a cheap MacBook air...

h00ligan

macrumors 68040
Apr 10, 2003
London
Tbh I still winder n the whole iPad 2 vs MBA 11" for these kinds of things...but the iPad is just so bloody convenient in most ways.

You know, I just really want it to work like the photo bucket app. :/

It would also be great if we could intercept urls in a given browser and pass them to apps. So anything with flickr in it auto opened a flickr app.

Last edited:

jonnysods

macrumors G3
Original poster
Sep 20, 2006
There & Back Again
So the answer was no to this feature right now, but would be considered for future updates. This is an issue for me... I really want to keep and use my iPad, but if I cant embed photos and slideshows while on the road then I have an issue....

I don't want an MBA!,,

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.