Flickr - uploading, creating and embedding set question

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by jonnysods, Mar 17, 2011.

1. jonnysods macrumors 603

jonnysods

Hey all, I know that there are a lot of Flickr apps out there, but I need some help as I've been searching for a while now and have been coming up empty.

Are there are apps that let you create a set, and then get the embed slideshow code so I can place it into a blog page? I need to know this before I take this iPad overseas. If it won't do it (i've tried using flickr.com too and it won't let me grab the html) then I'll have to get a netbook.

Thanks everyone.

2. h00ligan macrumors 68030

You may want to ask the dev at flickrstudioapp.

http://flickrstudioapp.com/support

It seems the most full featured by a landslide, but I don't see anything about getting close for slideshows.

3. jonnysods thread starter macrumors 603

jonnysods

4. h00ligan macrumors 68030

Would you mind posting back...I'm trying to decide if that app is worth it.

Cheers.

Ps..close should have been urls :confused:

5. jonnysods thread starter macrumors 603

jonnysods

I'll let you know. Even through Safari on the iPad and using Flickr I can't get the html. Someone HAS to have this out there!

6. h00ligan macrumors 68030

The issue with flickr right now is also their freaking lightbox. People link to it and not only can't I see anything, there's no escape latch to get back to a plain HTML. Wll semi plain.

I'm evaluating as folio and smug mug right now, integration with iPad may win it. Though I'm not sure they have anything specific, or just for iPhone.

7. jonnysods thread starter macrumors 603

jonnysods

Flickr is so nice, that's my problem right now. I'm so hooked into the site that it would be hard to switch. Just want to see that embed code so I can get some solid use out of iPad!

Or I'll have to get a cheap MacBook air...

8. h00ligan, Mar 17, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2011

h00ligan macrumors 68030

Tbh I still winder n the whole iPad 2 vs MBA 11" for these kinds of things...but the iPad is just so bloody convenient in most ways.

You know, I just really want it to work like the photo bucket app. :/

It would also be great if we could intercept urls in a given browser and pass them to apps. So anything with flickr in it auto opened a flickr app.

9. jonnysods thread starter macrumors 603

jonnysods

So the answer was no to this feature right now, but would be considered for future updates. This is an issue for me... I really want to keep and use my iPad, but if I cant embed photos and slideshows while on the road then I have an issue....

I don't want an MBA!,,