Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

seanrobinson747

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 6, 2011
I have the latest macbook pro 13 inch, and I just recently installed windows 7 ultimate with bootcamp. Windows started up fine, and it installed flight simulator x fine, but when I tried to open it up, it said "Flight simulator is not working with your video card. Verify that you have the latest drivers installed for your video card. Flight simulator will now exit". Is my graphics card to new for flight simulator x (i have Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB)? What should I do?

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
The Intel HD 3000 is not a dedicated or discrete GPU. it's integrated and shares the slower main RAM. I suspect Flight Simulator X requires a dedicated GPU with it's own and faster VRAM. I could be mistaken but but I believe the game is a relatively recent release.

Edit: It was released 5 years ago and requires a 32 MB Direct X 9 GPU. It's possible it doesn't work with integrated GPU's. It's also possible you need more recent drivers.

avro707

macrumors 68000
Dec 13, 2010
Apologies for the late reply, but I think it should work - try some updated video drivers. It shouldn't have too many issues, I've read of other people with that kind of onboard graphics adaptor using FSX - but with lower performance than is ideal (you typically want smooth and consistent 30fps).

Be aware that FSX is not so dependant on the video performance, but more on the CPU - hence why you see people with the overclocked 4.2ghz PC rigs getting insane levels of performance in FSX with extremely high detail.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.