Flight Simulator X on Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Terminal5, Aug 30, 2007.

1. Terminal5 macrumors newbie

Does anyone know if Microsoft Flight Simulator will run on a Macbook Pro?

I currently have X-Plane 8 and really do not like it, I am used to having Microsoft Flight Simulator as i used to have windows based laptops.

Look forward to reading any comments.

Thanks.

2. Nugget macrumors 65816

Nugget

It runs OK (Bootcamp partition with XP SP2) on my first-generation MacBook Pro, so I'm sure it runs great on the more modern Core 2 Duo units available today. Just don't try to push the resolution up too high if you've got an external display. Even a Mac Pro with an X1900 will choke if you try to crank it up to 2560x1600 on a 30" display. But with reasonable detail settings and "mere mortal" monitor sizes a MBP will do just fine.

As a pilot I have to admit that X Plane is technically superior. The flight model is way more accurate and it's infinitely better in many areas (try crosswind landings in X Plane compared to MSFS). Still, I'm with you, the more polished interface and the extraneous bells and whistles make MS Flight Simulator a lot more fun to play.

Flight Simulator is 95% of why I have a Bootcamp partition at all.

3. darthraige macrumors 68000

darthraige

I run Microsoft Flight Simulator 2002 off my MacBook 2.16 Intel Core 2 Duo. It runs ok. Wish it would recognize the full graphics and does anyone know the keyboard commands to full throttle the plane? Too lazy to go out and get a joystick.

4. aviationwiz macrumors regular

Full Throttle by default is the F4 key. You can change it in the settings though if you want.

5. darthraige macrumors 68000

darthraige

See, I thought the F# keys did something. Stupid disabled keys on a laptop. lol I will try and change them. Thanks.