Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LtRammstein

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 20, 2006
Denver, CO
Hey all!

I have a quick question. I'm trying to be "clever" in the ways of my wallpapers. On my Windows 7 partition (below) I have the Vista Broken Wallpaper and in the hole I have the Mac Aurora shining through. Is there a way to flip flop the two so it's the Aurora with the hole and the Windows 7/Vista default wallpaper in the hole? I've been search all over the web for a good texture, but to no avail.

Any help or suggestion is appreciated!

Attachments

• Windows7.jpg
    Windows7.jpg
    637.4 KB · Views: 348

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
Anything like this? I don't have any Win wallpaper to fill the hole so I lift it blank. I used PhotoShop to delete the Mac Aurora and did the same to the Mac Aurora on my HD. Used a blending mode to merge them together.

Your file was 300 dpi and this is 72. I can send you this if you want it larger.

I have the busted window and the Aurora with the busted window space deleted as separate files if you want to play with them.

I have no idea how you got a 6.8MB file past the posting gods...

Dale

Attachments

• Windows7Part2.jpg
    Windows7Part2.jpg
    1,000.5 KB · Views: 273

jbuk

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2009
Try searching a bit harder next time. :p

http://cgtextures.com/texview.php?id=19993&PHPSESSID=bbcb1670874145a6347f2abaf274b25c

Is the exact texture used for the broken glass in this picture. (CGTextures has a lot of great stuff, by the way).

EDIT: That's a lie. It's extremely similar, but not the same. My bad.
EDIT2: My Un-Bad. I't just flipped.

And because I'm nice I've made one with the Windows Fish™ showing through the aurora.

Attachments

• Aurora_Broken.jpg
    Aurora_Broken.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 291

LtRammstein

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 20, 2006
Denver, CO
Oh wow! I knew you guys were awesome!

Yeah, I was looking, but I couldn't figure out what kind of naming the texture was.

I <3 this MR Community!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.