Flip Mino HD vs. iPod Touch - Filming Capabilities

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by HappyDude20, Dec 21, 2010.

1. HappyDude20, Dec 21, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2010

HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

I've owned my Flip Mino HD for a year now and admit it's gotten me to film my two year old son growing up. Aside, my flip Mino is a breeze to use, having already uploaded over 100 HD videos to my private YouTube account.

On a daily basis in my pocket I'll have with me:

1. Verizon cell phone
    2. iPod touch
    3. Flip Mino HD
    4. Wallet
    5. Keys
    6. Chapstick

Though the Flip Mino HD doesn't always come with me, it surely is in my car most days of the week than not; however, my iPod Touch is always, always, always with me at all times...considering I need OmniFocus wherever I go...

I'm simply wondering if the HD on the iPod is comparable to the Mino HD.

Also, in a few months I'll be leaving to go live in Tokyo for 6 months and obviosly need some sort of recording device to capture it all...so I'm wondering about selling both my iPod touch (2nd gen) and the flip Mino hd for the current iPod touch.

There's the dilemma.

2. ctyhntr macrumors 6502

ctyhntr

Verizon will be getting the new iPhone 4. If your contract is up, get the iPhone 4. Replace the Flip, iPod Touch, and your current cellphone with one device.

3. aNYthing24, Dec 21, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2010

aNYthing24 macrumors member

There's a couple of comparison videos on YouTube. Go check them out.

4. HappyDude20 thread starter macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

I will def be getting the new iPhone four....but not until I come back after six months from being in Tokyo...after which I'm sure I'll get it.

5. Drucifer macrumors regular

That is what I intend to use my 4th Gen iPod Touch for. I hope it takes decent enough videos to be able to record my daughter as she keeps growing older. :D I haven't personally used one though so I don't know the exact video quality, from what I've seen online though the videos look pretty good.