Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kengineer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 10, 2005
Just purchased one of these and installed the FlipShare software. I am getting very choppy playback on my computer using the software/iTunes/Quicktime. Flip support has told me that my iMac processor (2.1 Ghz PowerPC G5) is not adequate for streaming playback of the videos (.MP4) and that I need an Intel Core Duo chip.

Is there any way around buying a new computer to get quality playback of my videos? Thanks in advance, a bit of a Lehman when it comes to these things.

Kengineer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 10, 2005
Flip MinoHD Issue

Is there anything available for free that can convert the files to something that will not experience the choppy playback issues?

derekjd

macrumors member
Dec 20, 2006
Is there anything available for free that can convert the files to something that will not experience the choppy playback issues?

I had a similar question just a little while ago and FCP.guru.guy steered me to MPEG Streamclip at http://www.squared5.com/ ... Not sure if that will do it for you but it's free and worth a shot....

Derek JD

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.