Flip Ultra vs Flip Mino /Question

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Copperateme, Jul 15, 2009.

1. Copperateme macrumors newbie

Hey guys..im new here but i was just wondering why people are getting the flip mino even though you cant record as long as the Ultra.. its confusing. AND can u put memory cards into this thing so you can record longer. Because im going to aruba in a month and i was just thinking whats the point of bringing it if i can only record for 60-120min...Please help. And if there is a memory card that you can put in. Please send me a link. Im buying this thing at BestBuy.

2. scottkifnw macrumors regular

scottkifnw

No expansion for mino

I had a Mino, and it crapped out after about a year. It had no expansion capability. When it worked, it was fine, and the software was good enough, though I edited in iPhoto. I think price may be a factor. Still the Mino does record for an hour, charge lasts two.
    sek

3. Copperateme thread starter macrumors newbie

That really did not answer my question at all :confused: rofl

4. somemuppet macrumors newbie

Flip camera

You can not expand the memory in either model, the mino has 4GB and the other 8GB, so you need to dump the footage to your computer. The mino is thinner but has a built in rechargeable battery, the ultra takes a removable (rechargeable) battery pack or 2 x AA batteries. One has HDMI out whilst the other has a headphone jack type output to a TV, I think the mino has the jack. The footage is good for such a small camera and opens right into iMovie 09 (if you use a Mac).

The fixed memory is the big turnoff for a holiday camera, but it's great for something you keep in your pocket for those YouTube moments!

Hope this helps.