Flip UltraHD for small videos

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by ryan0402, Aug 16, 2010.

1. ryan0402 macrumors 6502

Hi I make some videos with final cut express and am getting tired of the crap resolution on my current camera it is like 690x480 or something and am thinking of buying the ultraHD I was wondering if I should just buy it or buy another camera like a cannon

2. ppc_michael Guest

ppc_michael

The usual questions apply here: where do your videos end up (YouTube? DVD?), and what is your budget? Is resolution the only thing that bugs you about your cameraphone?

If you make stuff and put it on YouTube, a FlipCam may be fine for you. But keep in mind it has a smaller sensor, limited options for audio acquisition, etc.

3. ryan0402 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah i am doing a lot of voice overs and stuff and plan on shooting stuff like freddiew on youtube ( www.youtube.com/user/freddiew ) Where so far almost 90% is fake sounds such as dieing sounds, footsteps, gun shots, most talking, ect... I have some videos up on youtube nothin worth watching though and i have a budget of $300

4. spice weasel macrumors 65816

Does that $300 budget include props and mic(s), or is it just for the camera? For $300 you could probably get a decent used consumer HD camcorder.

If you don't have good mics though, then you need to make the choice between better video or better audio, because you aren't going to get both with only $300. In fact, to be honest, you aren't really going to get either with only $300.

If you are only looking to play around and have fun, then either get something like the Kodak Zi8 pocket-cam (which has a mic input) or a used HD camcorder. It really depends on what you feel like carrying around.