Flip4Mac in Leopard

Discussion in 'macOS' started by monty77, Oct 26, 2007.

1. monty77 macrumors 6502a

..this is the 1st thing I can't get to work :(

The preview pain in 'Get info' shows the movie and will play it, but when I open it with quicktime I get the error "The file is not a movie file"

Anyone else get this?

Thanks!
    Adam

2. bmcgrath macrumors 65816

bmcgrath

If you cant get it to work in the mean time or someone has a fix for it here. Use VLC for the time being. It should play it.

3. thefunkymunky macrumors 65816

Are you using the latest version as it works fine with Leopard? Using it now.:p

4. monty77 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yup .. plays in VLC - weird !

...using latest version - did a clean install so running latest of pretty much everything :)

Cheers,
    Adam

5. CompUSAMacNerd macrumors member

I can not play quicktime or any type of videos in my Safari browser after I installed Leopard. Not sure what to do. I've uninstalled Flip4Mac and reinstalled it, etc, etc, but to no avail.

Anyone got any suggestions? JasonAisling@mac.com

Also is anyone having a problem repairing permissions on your mac after the update? I get a warning SUID message after about 5 minutes of idling.

6. polishmacuser macrumors 6502a

polishmacuser

by any chance do you have any codecs or plugins maybe thats interfering with something and if that doesnt work see if windows media player works

7. CompUSAMacNerd macrumors member

I don't have anything else installed save Flip4Mac. On my MacBook w/o Flip, everything works just fine. I have updated to the current version of Flip 2.1.3 I believe. All I get is Quick Time icons with a question mark.

Any suggestions?

8. SolrFlare macrumors regular

That's odd. Did you upgrade or clean install? If you upgraded you might want to uninstall flip4mac then reinstall it again. I do know that even in beta flip4mac would occasionally become non-responsive on my test machine and a restart would clear things up.

9. CompUSAMacNerd macrumors member

I have indeed, reinstalled it at least 3 times to no avail. My mac book w/o it works just fine and that is making me go 'argh'. It makes me wish I never installed Flip at all. So, I don't know what to do now. I have DivX also installed on my computer, and I have VCL though I've never had a conflict before until now.

I did an upgrade, not a clean install. I wasn't thinking, got too excited and made a 'stupid'. That and I have about 200 gigs to back up that I can't afford to lose.

10. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

There are a few problems with Flip4Mac on Leopard (particularly around registering if you've got a paid for version). Try the latest beta available here - it seems to work a lot better

11. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

have you tried doing a get info on the .wmv and forcing it to open with wmv player and not quicktime? just a thought