Flip4mac installation failure

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mgfc, Sep 2, 2008.

1. mgfc macrumors newbie

Hi
    I have been trying to install Flip4mac on a MBP with Leopard 10.5.4 but am running into big trouble. The install fails right away and tells me that it cannot "run preflight script for Flip4mac wmv". What does that mean and how do i fix it, and can it be fixed? I just upgraded to Leopard and am hoping i wont have to reinstall again...
    Thanx

2. Toniola macrumors member

Sounds like there might be some software conflicts within your system. I might start by repairing permissions. One other quick test is to create a new User account, and try to install F4M there. My guess is that it *will* work on that new account, which would confirm a conflict in your primary account. With that in mind, I'd then look to see if there were any third party plug ins installed that might be causing trouble. One such item that I know of is Windows Media Player. If you've got that, get rid of all it's components.
    If all else fails, get on the F4M user forum here: http://forum.flip4mac.com/forum, and ask the moderator for further assistance. Let us all know how you eventually fix this problem.