Flip4Mac issue? Quicktime status bar on top of the video!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by pusman83, Apr 15, 2008.

1. pusman83 macrumors regular

When I play movies in Firefox, the QT "timeline" will flicker on and off above the video frame before eventually (after 10 or so seconds) settling to its proper spot at the bottom of the video.

This only started happening a few months ago with a Flip4Mac update, I believe.

It happens with pretty much every videos. The last I tried out are the videos at www.mlsnet.com.

2. CanadianDonkey macrumors member

I seem to be having this problem too, when I'm looking at videos in a web browser.

And when I'm trying to view videos in the quicktime app, some videos randomly shut down, and other's don't play any sound whatsoever.

It is possible that my second problem might be caused by poor video files from illegal downloading (I know... I'm bad) but I never seemed to have that problem on my old PC.

3. RedTomato macrumors 68040

RedTomato

Do you have Perian?

I know when I installed Perian, I had some problems with QT / F4M so i deactivated it.

Have you tried completely removing F4M then reinstalling a new copy from the website? There's an uninstaller in the F4M folder in your Applications folder.

4. pusman83 thread starter macrumors regular