FLIP4MAC -- Need Basic Help

GITANAJAVA

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 3, 2006
Have ibrik, will travel.
A month ago, I installed Flip4Mac on my laptop, and per the installer instructions I thought I'd done so correctly.

However, too often the Safari browser doesn't seem to "activate" the plug-in(s) to read videos, esp. anything Windows-based; I often see a pop-up query asking if I've installed Windows blah-blah-blah and would I like to (even when I know it's already in my system).

Long story short, I de-installed Flip4Mac with the Uninstaller pkg. that came with it (BTW, why does that end up as a receipt in a Library folder on my HD??). Now I've re-installed Flip4Mac, but I still see a greyed-out option on its preferences panel. Do I need to change that? How? What QT preferences do I need to check/uncheck to make this work?

Remember, Keep It Simple Safari-ans :confused:

Attachments

bitabytex

macrumors member
Oct 26, 2006
If you haven't reinstalled it already for the third time, then use the uninstaller, then do the Spotlight search again, to see if everything was gone. If not, then drag the rest of the items to the trash, and make sure Safari is closed and try again.

If you have reinstalled the app, then delete the oldest copy of whatever duplicates you come across.

GITANAJAVA

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 3, 2006
Have ibrik, will travel.
If you haven't reinstalled it already for the third time, then use the uninstaller, then do the Spotlight search again, to see if everything was gone. If not, then drag the rest of the items to the trash, and make sure Safari is closed and try again.

If you have reinstalled the app, then delete the oldest copy of whatever duplicates you come across.
Grazie, BTBT et al., I'll report back later with the latest -- and hopefully, final, episode -- of flip da Mac. :rolleyes: