Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bern

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 10, 2004
Australia
Anyone using Flip4Mac in Leopard and which one (studio, pro, etc)?

I'm guessing as it's still the same version of QT in Leopard Flip4Mac is unaffected?

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
Anyone using Flip4Mac in Leopard and which one (studio, pro, etc)?

I'm guessing as it's still the same version of QT in Leopard Flip4Mac is unaffected?

I'm using it, the free version. works fine.

Edit:
I'm using the free version, works absolutely fine. I really want Perian, though. Still not exactly sure if that is working, I've heard mixed reports.

Perian is working in my Leopard.

Taylor C

macrumors 6502a
May 27, 2007
I'm using the free version, works absolutely fine. I really want Perian, though. Still not exactly sure if that is working, I've heard mixed reports.

Bern

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 10, 2004
Australia
Thanks peeps :)

Taylor C - I have Perian installed and it's running fine. (erase and install done here).

chatfan

macrumors regular
Nov 2, 2006
in mah cribb yo
Can not get the Pro HD version to render anything beyond the DEMO length of a WMV using either compressor of simple quicktime conversion.

SO i guess somehow flip4mac is back in demo mode.

Using FCP Studio2 and the latest Flip4Mac WMV Beta v2.2.0.39

Hmac

macrumors 68020
May 30, 2007
Midwest USA
Can not get the Pro HD version to render anything beyond the DEMO length of a WMV using either compressor of simple quicktime conversion.

SO i guess somehow flip4mac is back in demo mode.

Using FCP Studio2 and the latest Flip4Mac WMV Beta v2.2.0.39

Me too. I upgraded to Flip4Mac 2.1.3.10 and can't get it to accept my serial number for Flip4Mac Studio, and it won't let me even upgrade. My serial number shows up, but clicking unlock give me "engine not installed" error. I dropped back to the 2.2.0.39 beta and that works fine.

chatfan

macrumors regular
Nov 2, 2006
in mah cribb yo
Right, but with working fine you mean it just plays files right?Or have you tried to convert any quicktime longer then 29 seconds?

Because that is my real problem: I need to convert a 3:15 minute video for a customer who has been waiting for it for hours because hey.. i have a mac that should be NO problem!

.... oh well lets see if they can play m4p this does export (in the wrong aspect ratio lol...)

the things we rely on... Leopard makes pretty much everything crash on my mac

Bern

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 10, 2004
Australia
Me too. I upgraded to Flip4Mac 2.1.3.10 and can't get it to accept my serial number for Flip4Mac Studio, and it won't let me even upgrade. My serial number shows up, but clicking unlock give me "engine not installed" error. I dropped back to the 2.2.0.39 beta and that works fine.

According to Flip4Mac support if you have Leopard installed and you are a registered user of their Pro versions but you can't enter your key because you get the message "there has been an internal error. Engine not installed". you must download and install their latest beta version which will fix that issue.

You can get it from HERE

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.