Flip4Mac & SL

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MBX, Aug 28, 2009.

1. MBX macrumors 65816

hey i've seen Flip4Mac (latest version) supports SL. however rightnow some of my wmw's say "this video needs quicktime installed".

Anybody else with this problem? It seems like F4M isn't playing nice with Quicktime-X yet?

2. jive turkey macrumors 6502

I've had all kind of problems with Flip4Mac and SL. I tried the latest official release and also the latest beta which is supposed to be updated for SL and both have problems, particularly with streaming video. If I try to watch a video in Safari it opens in a tab and is audio only (despite my setting preferences to open in the media player). When trying to watch the same video in FireFox, it opens an infinite amount of tabs (continually opening new ones until I hit escape), but the video never plays.

I uninstalled, reinstalled, and click "relcaim file assosciations"... then it started trying to open videos in RealPlayer instead of Quicktime! Like you, it claims Quicktime is not installed.

Do you have QT 7 located in your applications/utilities folder? I think maybe two versions of QT may be confusing it.

3. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Make sure you set your .wmv videos to open in Quicktime 7. QuickTime X does not work with Flip4Mac currently.

jW

4. jnxdluck macrumors newbie

Where would we set the file associations?

5. cuestakid macrumors 68000

try doing a get info on the item then choosing QT 7.
    Alterntaively, you could try to use something like VLC which should work but I have not as of yet tried it