flip4mac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by divabebe, Sep 18, 2009.

1. divabebe macrumors newbie

Hi..I am trying to view a video from a french tv channel online. i get an error response saying i need a mime file. I read i could also use flip4mac...I downloaded it and now when I try to open it says I must have quick time installed. I do have quick time installed....
    this is on a new mac book pro with snow leopard. any help would be appreciated...thanks.

2. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

You need to install Quicktime 7 via the option located in your Utilities folder or off of the Snow Leopard DVD.

3. spillproof macrumors 68020

spillproof

Flip4Mac is sketchy with QuickTime X. Try deselecting the option to "Launch QuickTime Player" in the Browser tab of the Flip4Mac preference pane.

4. jbennardo macrumors 6502a

jbennardo

Another WMV question...

Prior to SL, when I'd open a WMV file, the entire movie would be available to me. I could immediately scrub through to any point. Now, with both QTX and QT7 it's as if I have to wait for the movie to buffer - even though it's a local file.

Just curious

5. spillproof macrumors 68020

spillproof

How about the option to "Open local files immediately" in the Player tab of the F4M preference pane?

6. jbennardo macrumors 6502a

jbennardo

Thanks, I'll take another look at that. I thought that was checked. The pref pane was one of the first pages I looked when this started. :p