Flipboard hinting at iOS 7 icon design?

Mjmar

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 20, 2008
I saw this in the share menu on Flipboard and found it interesting - reminded me of all the flat design mockups. You think the mail and messages icons will look similar to this in iOS 7?

Attachments

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
I saw this in the share menu on Flipboard and found it interesting - reminded me of all the flat design mockups. You think the mail and messages icons will look similar to this in iOS 7?
Yes.

Definitely.

No question about it!

Although, since I don't know anything at all about what iOS 7 is going to look like (in fact, nobody knows what it will look like) , it is just slightly possible that I could be wrong.

:rolleyes:

Cam1

macrumors newbie
Jan 14, 2012
It looks very clean, but I think it looks too stale for apple to implement into iOS 7.

Omne666

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
God, flat? Really? Like I want to go back 15+ years in design. Windows 2.1 anyone? Or maybe OS/2 2.0!

I remember the big announcements an eternity back about the 3d look to os'es, transparencies...dock, menu bars. And how beautiful is was all going to be. And now.....flat?

Give me strength! And the disco era returns!

Sirious

macrumors 65816
Jan 2, 2013
United Kingdom
I noticed how many apps are starting to go for a very flat and simple look too.
Take a look at the Argos (UK Shopping App) and eBay apps:

Attachments

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Flat icons aren't new at all.
I simply do not think that if a flat design is found in an app then it automatically means that is what we'll see in iOS 7. No one, to my knowledge, outside of Apple has seen this new design.

Prototypical

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2011
Nebraska
I noticed how many apps are starting to go for a very flat and simple look too.
Take a look at the Argos (UK Shopping App) and eBay apps:
I think this is just a general design trend, especially given how many of these apps tend to be cross-platform. eBay knows that it needs to have an app that looks good on iOS, but also on Android... while at the same time, keeps a common design language with their web interface.

Antoni Nygaard

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2009
Denmark
The shape and the icons won't change, look and the iPhone and the ipads home button shape. the shape i representing the icons on the home screen.

the same with the new nano look at the home button shape and the icons the same shape, not gonna change.

xraydoc

macrumors demi-god
Oct 9, 2005
It looks like Google's current iOS design style.