Flipboard on the new iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by LadyX, Mar 26, 2012.

1. LadyX macrumors 68020

LadyX

Version 1.8.2 has been updated to include retina support for the new iPad. I have v.1.8.3 installed and don't get me wrong the text looks amazing and I love this app, however, some of the images are a bit blurry. Did they just update the text? Why aren't the images in high-res?

2. bp1000 macrumors 65816

Images come from source; blogs, twitter, web pages etc

They can't be upscaled

Or do you mean ui images?

3. LadyX thread starter macrumors 68020

LadyX

I mean images from the web. Yes, like you said, blogs, web pages.

But not all images are blurry. Just some.

4. boy-better-know macrumors 65816

boy-better-know

Yeah thats not the app's fault, the image is taken from other sources as previously posted.

5. Q Bert macrumors regular

Q Bert

It will depend on the image itself. A low-res image won't show as crisp and sharp....even on a high-res display. Try adding Flipboard Photo content. They have some high-res images there

6. bp1000 macrumors 65816

I think for now images that compliment retina displays will only exist in specific apps or photos. Web content will continue to serve compressed images for speed and global compatibility with things like 2g, 3G and slow broadband connections.

Google the gatekeepers place a high relevance on speed, some big advancements in speed profiling in analytical for web masters. Google also factors site speed when ranking web sites.

High res web images for web pages and twitter will require a lot more bandwidth. I think the only time we will see high res web images in the next 5 years is if people target the iPad specifically and deliver a different set of images.

High res ui on web pages will become more common place v soon but web images I think will stay compressed for some time to come.